Need help now?

If you are feeling suicidal or if you have self-harmed and are concerned about it, please dial 999 or visit your nearest A&E department. 

Who else can I speak to? 

  • Ring or text a friend or family member.
  • Ring Mindline on 01823 276892. They will listen, support, understand and talk to you through your options. Mindline is open 24/7 for free confidential emotional support
  • Ring Samaritans on 116 123. They offer you a listening service. You can call them at any time.
  • Ring NHS on 111.

If you already have contact with mental health services you can:

  • Contact your local Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
  • Contact your crisis team (if you have one).

If you have had no contact with mental health services (it may be the first time you, or someone else, has been in crisis):

  • Contact your out-of-hours GP service. Google ‘Out of hours GP in x’ (give your location).
  • Alternatively, your GP surgery will usually provide an answer phone message advising you of who to contact in an emergency, together with other useful telephone numbers.
  • Make an appointment with your regular GP, as this is usually the first point of contact for anyone concerned about mental health issues.

The following link provides additional information.