The Vision of Mid Cheshire MIND is to protect the good mental health of the citizens of Mid Cheshire.
The primary objective of Mid Cheshire MIND is to work in partnership with other local voluntary and statutory organisations to achieve the following objectives:
- To reduce the likelihood of recurrence of mental health problems by offering support to individuals who are living in the community area of Mid Cheshire or preparing for hospital discharge.
- To encourage individuals to be valued members of their community by supporting them in using their local resources
- To provide social, leisure and educational opportunities which help overcome the loneliness and isolation for people suffering mental health problems
- To promote the active involvement of members in the management and day to day running of the centre.
- To raise awareness locally and nationally of mental health issues and challenge the stigma and prejudice faced by many individuals suffering from mental health problems.
- To aid people recovering from mental health illness and assist rehabilitation into volunteering and a working environment.
- To provide training opportunities for people working towards employment in the mental health nursing and social services fields.